How Do I Transfer Data From One Computer to Another?
If you’re using a different computer than the one you used for last year’s taxes, you might want to know how to transfer data to another computer. Don’t worry – it’s easy!
How to Transfer Data to Another Computer
The easiest way to transfer data from one computer to another is by using a USB storage device.
To transfer data to another computer with a USB:
- Insert the USB storage device into the computer where your file is located.
- Locate the file using Windows Explorer or macOS Finder.
- Drag and drop the file to the USB’s icon.
- Eject the USB.
- Insert the USB into the destination computer.
- Open a Windows Explorer or macOS Finder window.
- Click on the USB storage device icon.
- Locate the file, then drag and drop it to the destination computer.
With that finished, any files you selected should be on the new computer for you to use.
Are you trying to figure out how to transfer software from one computer to another?
While you can’t technically transfer your software from one computer to another, you can reinstall it. Find out how to install H&R Block software on a new computer.
Need to uninstall your H&R Block Software? Read our step-by-step instructions to remove H&R Block Software from your computer.
If H&R Block Tax Software will not update on Windows, learn how to fix the issue with detailed information from the tax experts.
Learn how to install the H&R Block Tax Software you bought from hrblock.com with help from our tax experts.
Need to install your H&R Block software from a store? Learn how to install your do-it-yourself tax software on your personal computer.