How Do I Transfer Data From One Computer to Another?
If you’re using a different computer than the one you used for last year’s taxes, you might want to know how to transfer data to another computer. Don’t worry – it’s easy!
How to Transfer Data to Another Computer
The easiest way to transfer data from one computer to another is by using a USB storage device.
To transfer data to another computer with a USB:
- Insert the USB storage device into the computer where your file is located.
- Locate the file using Windows Explorer or macOS Finder.
- Drag and drop the file to the USB’s icon.
- Eject the USB.
- Insert the USB into the destination computer.
- Open a Windows Explorer or macOS Finder window.
- Click on the USB storage device icon.
- Locate the file, then drag and drop it to the destination computer.
With that finished, any files you selected should be on the new computer for you to use.
Are you trying to figure out how to transfer software from one computer to another?
While you can’t technically transfer your software from one computer to another, you can reinstall it. Find out how to install H&R Block software on a new computer.
Find out if you can install H&R Block software by transferring your H&R Block program to a new computer.
Learn how to find your H&R Block data file location on your computer with an easy step-by-step explanation.
Learn how to fix Error 1721 when installing H&R Block Tax Software. Our tax experts will help you solve the problem with step-by-step instructions.
Find out what the 2020 H&R Block release date is for both our online and software products so you can be ready to file your 2019 returns.