How Do I Transfer Data From One Computer to Another?
If you’re using a different computer than the one you used for last year’s taxes, you might want to know how to transfer data to another computer. Don’t worry – it’s easy!
How to Transfer Data to Another Computer
The easiest way to transfer data from one computer to another is by using a USB storage device.
To transfer data to another computer with a USB:
- Insert the USB storage device into the computer where your file is located.
- Locate the file using Windows Explorer or macOS Finder.
- Drag and drop the file to the USB’s icon.
- Eject the USB.
- Insert the USB into the destination computer.
- Open a Windows Explorer or macOS Finder window.
- Click on the USB storage device icon.
- Locate the file, then drag and drop it to the destination computer.
With that finished, any files you selected should be on the new computer for you to use.
Are you trying to figure out how to transfer software from one computer to another?
While you can’t technically transfer your software from one computer to another, you can reinstall it. Find out how to install H&R Block software on a new computer.
Find out why updates might be required for your H&R Block Software from our tax experts.
Learn how to fix Error 1721 when installing H&R Block Tax Software. Our tax experts will help you solve the problem with step-by-step instructions.
Learn how to pay your taxes with a credit card as you file with H&R Block. Let the team at H&R Block explain how it works.
Learn how to find your H&R Block data file location on your computer with an easy step-by-step explanation.