How Do I Transfer Data From One Computer to Another?
If you’re using a different computer than the one you used for last year’s taxes, you might want to know how to transfer data to another computer. Don’t worry – it’s easy!
How to Transfer Data to Another Computer
The easiest way to transfer data from one computer to another is by using a USB storage device.
To transfer data to another computer with a USB:
- Insert the USB storage device into the computer where your file is located.
- Locate the file using Windows Explorer or macOS Finder.
- Drag and drop the file to the USB’s icon.
- Eject the USB.
- Insert the USB into the destination computer.
- Open a Windows Explorer or macOS Finder window.
- Click on the USB storage device icon.
- Locate the file, then drag and drop it to the destination computer.
With that finished, any files you selected should be on the new computer for you to use.
Are you trying to figure out how to transfer software from one computer to another?
While you can’t technically transfer your software from one computer to another, you can reinstall it. Find out how to install H&R Block software on a new computer.
Need to print your current or prior-year taxes from H&R Block Tax Software? Learn how to print your tax return from H&R Block.
Having problems installing H&R Block Tax Software? Learn how to address some of the most common software installation issues with the tax experts.
If your H&R Block for Mac will not update, learn how to solve the issue with step-by-step instructions from the tax experts.
Learn more about error 1152 when installing your H&R Block Tax Software. Our tax experts will help you fix error 1152 with a few simple steps.