What is a Schedule C Tax Form — Will I also have to file a Schedule SE Tax Form?


If you’re self-employed, file a Schedule C: Profit or Loss From Business (Sole Proprietorship). This reports how much money you made or lost in your business.

Usually, people who file a Schedule C Tax Form will also have to file a Schedule SE Tax Form: Self-Employment Tax.

Related Topics

Related Resources

Local And State Tax Refund Taxable

Did you receive Form 1099-G? Learn about your local and state tax refund and if it is taxable from the experts at H&R Block.

IRS Phone Numbers and Website

Find IRS contact information and get tax answers at H&R Block.

Didn't Pay Estimated Taxes

Learn what to do if you didn't pay your estimated taxes with help from the tax experts at H&R Block.