H&R Block Launches New User Experience in Online Tax Preparation
Free, unlimited tax return preparation advice highlights online, iPad versions available now
H&R Block recently launched a new user interface for its online, software and iPad tax preparation services available for download now. The updated product, formerly H&R Block At Home, features a new design and navigation to make it easier for taxpayers to complete their taxes and provides instant access to help and support along the way.
“We’ve enhanced our digital products to deliver an easier, more efficient tax preparation experience for the customer,” said Jason Houseworth, president of retail and digital products for H&R Block. “Taxpayers should be confident when using H&R Block online to file their tax return that our simplified user interface and free tax expert support will guide them to their maximum refund – guaranteed.”
In addition to the new, simpler user interface, taxpayers will receive:
- Free, unlimited personalized tax return preparation advice from the nation’s best tax professionals through real-time chat
- 100-percent accuracy and maximum refund, guaranteed
- The industry’s only free, in-person audit support and representation
New, improved features for tax season 2014
The online product enhancements all work to improve ease of use, and provide better guidance with easier access to expert help and support. The enhancements include:
- Improved search capabilities to quickly find answers to all tax questions
- Progress indicator illustrating each section of the experience so taxpayers understand what they’ve finished and what they have left to complete
- Central location for all support services, such as access to prior year returns, answers to commonly asked questions, and free, unlimited chat sessions with a trained expert for tax advice
- Priority technical and tax support for clients using the Premium product
- Access to My H&R Block account to manage documents, track return and refund status, and access personalized health care information in a secure, online environment
- Easier access to tax and IRS information and resources.
“We’ve improved the navigation to provide a simple path from start to finish with better guidance along the way,” Houseworth said. “Plus, we’ve made it easier to access support tools and free tax return preparation advice from the world’s best-trained tax experts, so our clients can feel confident they did their taxes right.”
The new look and feel of the H&R Block online version is now also available for iPad. There is an enhanced optical character recognition (OCR) feature available for iPad 3 or higher users, as well as for iOS6 and iOS7 systems. With the built-in camera, taxpayers can quickly and easily snap a photo of their tax documents and seamlessly and securely upload them to the program.
“We have spent countless hours with clients working on this year’s product enhancements,” Houseworth said of the company’s new, in-house user experience lab designed to gain real-time feedback about the products. “Through these sessions we have built our best online tax prep product to date.”
For more information about filing tax returns now or for tax tips all year long, visit www.hrblock.com or call 800-HRBLOCK.
About H&R Block
H&R Block, Inc. (NYSE: HRB) is the world’s largest consumer tax services provider. More than 625 million tax returns have been prepared worldwide by and through H&R Block since 1955. In fiscal 2013, H&R Block had annual revenues of $2.9 billion with 25.4 million tax returns prepared worldwide. Tax return preparation services are provided in company-owned and franchise retail tax offices by over 80,000 professional tax preparers and associates worldwide, and through H&R Block digital products. H&R Block Bank provides affordable banking products and services. For more information, visit the H&R Block Newsroom.
Filing on-the-go is made easy and safe for those looking for DIY tax preparation through H&R Block's mobile app.
Thanks to H&R Block More Zero, approximately six in 10 taxpayers could now file a federal and state income tax return for free through March 31, 2017.
The tax pros at H&R Block have three steps to help DIY tax procrastinators wait until the last minute to file their taxes.