Explore All Help Center Topics

How Do I Print My Prior-Year Tax Return?

1 min read

1 min read

If you prepared your prior-year return with an H&R Block paid account, you’ll find a link to all your returns under your account. In fact, we keep your available returns in our storage vault for six years — so you can download or print a copy of your prior-year return anytime. If you used our free program, you can pay a small fee and receive access to your prior-year return.

Here’s how to find and print your prior-year return:

  • Log in to your MyBlock account at www.myblock.com.
  • Access the Prior years link at the top-right of the screen in the Your Taxes section.
  • You’ll then see all the years of tax returns available in your account.
  • Choose the year you want to see, then click View My Tax Return.

Printing Your Prior-Year Tax Return If You Didn’t File with H&R Block

If you didn’t file with us or if you still can’t find and get a printout of your prior-year tax return information, you can:

  • Get a free transcript of the data from the IRS by visiting irs.gov/Individuals/Get-Transcript. Note that your free transcript will only be a reproduction of the data and won’t look like the original form.
  • Order a complete photocopy of your prior-year return from the IRS for $50.

Was this topic helpful?

Recommended articles


How do I claim the unemployment income exclusion for my state?


How do I change my account or downgrade my H&R Block online tax program? Can I switch to H&R Block Free Online?

Finalizing Your Return

How Do I Get My AGI From Last Year?