If My H&R Block Return Was Rejected, How Do I Correct It?
If your tax return was rejected in the H&R Block software, you can use the E-file Rejection Report to see a list of any errors that caused a rejection. You should correct all errors before e-filing your return again.
The E-file Rejection Report lists the errors that were on your return the last time you attempted to e-file. It doesn’t reflect any corrections you might have already made to your return.
To see the E-file Rejection Report and e-file your return again:
- Open your original e-filed return in the H&R Block Tax Software (you can’t check the status from a duplicate file).
- Click the Check Status link next to the return file in the Continue with a Saved 2018 Return list box.
- Click View Rejection Report.
- Use the E-file Rejection Report to correct any errors on your rejected H&R Block return.
- Click Refile Return after correcting any errors to e-file your return again.
- If your federal and state returns were e-filed together and only your federal return was rejected, your state return hasn’t been processed. After correcting your federal errors, you need to file your state return along with your federal return again. You won’t be charged for resubmitting a rejected H&R Block tax return
Correcting Your Rejected H&R Block Tax Return by Mail
If your H&R Block tax return was rejected, you can also choose to print and mail your return.
To file your return by mail:
- Go to the File menu and choose Filing Options.
- Choose Print and mail and proceed through the filing screens.
- You’ll see the mailing instructions with the printed copy of your return.
Find out if you can install H&R Block software by transferring your H&R Block program to a new computer.
Need to uninstall your H&R Block Software? Read our step-by-step instructions to remove H&R Block Software from your computer.
Need to print your H&R Block tax return? Find out how to print your return without the watermark after you file your taxes with the experts at H&R Block.
If you get an error message about DOS mode Mac for your H&R Block tax software, let the team at H&R Block help.