How Can I Stop My Antivirus From Blocking a Program During H&R Block Software Installation?
If you’re having issues with your antivirus blocking a program from installation, you’ll need to know how to fix that when you want to install H&R Block Tax Software. If H&R Block won’t install, your antivirus program or system settings might be blocking permission for installation.
First, check your computer’s security software instructions to see how to turn off that program.
How to Unblock a Program When You Still Can’t Install H&R Block Software
If you still need to stop your antivirus program from blocking our program, here’s how to fix that:
- Insert the H&R Block CD into your CD drive and cancel out of any popup messaging you might receive.
- Click Start, then Computer.
- Right-click on your computer’s CD drive icon, then choose Copy.
- Right-click on a clear area of your computer’s desktop, then choose Paste.
- Once the copy process is complete, double-click on the new folder you created.
- Right-click on the Setup.exe file, then choose Properties.
- Click Compatibility.
- Under Compatibility mode, check the box next to Run this program in compatibility.
- From the drop-down menu, choose a different version of Windows. It must be a version supported by the year of the program that’s having the issue.
- Check the box next to Run Program as Administrator.
- Click OK.
- Double-click on Setup.exe and follow the onscreen instructions to finish the installation.
If you’re still having permission or antivirus issues, contact an H&R Block support specialist for additional assistance at 800-HRBLOCK (800-472-5625).
If you get an error message about DOS mode Mac for your H&R Block tax software, let the team at H&R Block help.
Need to amend your prior-year return? Learn how to file an H&R Block tax amendment for a prior return in H&R Block’s Tax Software.
Did the IRS reject your federal tax return because a dependent’s SSN or name doesn’t match records? Learn how to fix this problem with H&R Block Tax Software.
Learn more about the system requirements for installing H&R Block Tax Software with detailed information from product experts.