How Can I Stop My Antivirus From Blocking a Program During H&R Block Software Installation?
If you’re having issues with your antivirus blocking a program from installation, you’ll need to know how to fix that when you want to install H&R Block Tax Software. If H&R Block won’t install, your antivirus program or system settings might be blocking permission for installation.
First, check your computer’s security software instructions to see how to turn off that program.
How to Unblock a Program When You Still Can’t Install H&R Block Software
If you still need to stop your antivirus program from blocking our program, here’s how to fix that:
- Insert the H&R Block CD into your CD drive and cancel out of any popup messaging you might receive.
- Click Start, then Computer.
- Right-click on your computer’s CD drive icon, then choose Copy.
- Right-click on a clear area of your computer’s desktop, then choose Paste.
- Once the copy process is complete, double-click on the new folder you created.
- Right-click on the Setup.exe file, then choose Properties.
- Click Compatibility.
- Under Compatibility mode, check the box next to Run this program in compatibility.
- From the drop-down menu, choose a different version of Windows. It must be a version supported by the year of the program that’s having the issue.
- Check the box next to Run Program as Administrator.
- Click OK.
- Double-click on Setup.exe and follow the onscreen instructions to finish the installation.
If you’re still having permission or antivirus issues, contact an H&R Block support specialist for additional assistance at 800-HRBLOCK (800-472-5625).
Are you using H&R Block and have an IP PIN? Learn how to enter your identity protection PIN into our software with an easy step-by-step process.
Wondering what taxes you have to pay when you’re reporting a scholarship that covers room and board? Let H&R Block explain how room and board taxes work.
Learn how to fix Error 1721 when installing H&R Block Tax Software. Our tax experts will help you solve the problem with step-by-step instructions.
Need to uninstall your H&R Block Software? Read our step-by-step instructions to remove H&R Block Software from your computer.