Where’s my refund – District of Columbia?
To check the status of your District of Columbia refund online, go to https://mytax.dc.gov and click on “Where’s my refund?”
Then, follow these steps:
- Enter your Social Security number.
- Select the tax year.
- Enter your refund amount.
- Click “Search” to check your refund status.
You may also call: +1 (202) 727-4829 8:15 a.m. – 5:30 p.m. ET (Monday-Friday).
You may your refund status by mail.
District of Columbia Office of Tax and Revenue
Customer Service Center
1101 4th Street, SW, Suite W270
Washington, DC 20024
What can cause a delay in my District of Columbia refund?
- If the department needs to verify information reported on your return or request additional information, the process will take longer.
- Math errors in your return or other adjustments.
- You used more than one form type to complete your return.
- Your return was missing information or incomplete.
- Identify theft/tax refund fraud protection may result in longer processing times for some tax returns and associated refunds. The processing window for selected tax returns could be up to 25 days.
Need more District of Columbia refund and tax information?
If you’re looking for more information about your District of Columbia refund, visit the following websites:
Need more tax guidance?
Whether you make an appointment with one of our knowledgeable tax pros or choose one of our online tax filing products, you can count on H&R Block to help you get the support you need when it comes to filing taxes.
Need to check the status of your federal refund? Visit our Where’s My Refund page to find out how soon you’ll receive your federal refund.
Learn more about the different credits that form the investment credit and get tax answers at H&R Block.
Do you need a donation receipt letter to claim a tax deduction? Learn more from the tax experts at H&R Block.
Learn more about deductible business expenses, tax fees and investment costs with the tax experts at H&R Block.
Virtual tax preparations let you complete your taxes online from the comfort of your home. Find out how easy remote tax preparations can be at H&R Block.