Where’s my refund – District of Columbia?
To check the status of your District of Columbia refund online, go to https://mytax.dc.gov and click on “Where’s my refund?”
Then, follow these steps:
- Enter your Social Security number.
- Select the tax year.
- Enter your refund amount.
- Click “Search” to check your refund status.
Note: Refund status are provided only for returns filed within the last six months.
You may also check on your refund status by mail.
District of Columbia Office of Tax and Revenue
Customer Service Center
1101 4th Street, SW, Suite W270
Washington, DC 20024
On average, the District of Columbia Office of Tax and Revenue (OTR) issues refunds within 6 weeks.
What can cause a delay in my District of Columbia refund?
- If the department needs to verify information reported on your return or request additional information, the process will take longer.
- Math errors in your return or other adjustments.
- You used more than one form type to complete your return.
- Your return was missing information or incomplete.
- Identify theft/tax refund fraud protection may result in longer processing times for some tax returns and associated refunds. The processing window for selected tax returns could be up to 25 days.
Need more District of Columbia refund and tax information?
If you’re looking for more information about your District of Columbia refund, visit the following websites:
Need more tax guidance?
Whether you make an appointment with one of our knowledgeable tax pros or choose one of our online tax filing products, you can count on H&R Block to help you get the support you need when it comes to filing taxes.
Need to check the status of your federal refund? Visit our Where’s My Refund page to find out how soon you’ll receive your federal refund.
If you need help handling an estate, we're here to help. Learn how to file taxes for a deceased loved one with H&R Block.
Choosing the wrong filing status is a common mistake. Do you know what your tax filing status is? Read on to learn about filing statuses with H&R Block.
From retirement account contributions to self-employment expenses, learn more about the five most common tax deductions with the experts at H&R Block.
Getting married? Having a baby? Buying a house? Go through your life events checklist and see how each can affect your tax return with the experts at H&R Block.