Where’s my refund – District of Columbia?


To check the status of your District of Columbia refund online, go to https://mytax.dc.gov and click on “Where’s my refund?”

Then, follow these steps:Washington DC refund

  • Enter your Social Security number.
  • Select the tax year.
  • Enter your refund amount.
  • Click “Search” to check your refund status.

Note: Refund status are provided only for returns filed within the last six months.

You may also call the main customer service line at +1 (202) 727-4829 or the e-services line at +1 (202)759-1946 , 8:15 a.m. – 5:30 p.m. ET (Monday-Friday).

You may also check on your refund status by mail.


District of Columbia Office of Tax and Revenue
Customer Service Center
1101 4th Street, SW, Suite W270
Washington, DC 20024

On average, the District of Columbia Office of Tax and Revenue (OTR) issues refunds within 6 weeks.

What can cause a delay in my District of Columbia refund?

  • If the department needs to verify information reported on your return or request additional information, the process will take longer.
  • Math errors in your return or other adjustments.
  • You used more than one form type to complete your return.
  • Your return was missing information or incomplete.
  • Identify theft/tax refund fraud protection may result in longer processing times for some tax returns and associated refunds. The processing window for selected tax returns could be up to 25 days.

Need more District of Columbia refund and tax information?

If you’re looking for more information about your District of Columbia refund, visit the following websites:

Need more tax guidance?

Whether you make an appointment with one of our knowledgeable tax pros or choose one of our online tax filing products, you can count on H&R Block to help you get the support you need when it comes to filing taxes.

Need to check the status of your federal refund? Visit our Where’s My Refund page to find out how soon you’ll receive your federal refund.

Related Topics

Related Resources

Where’s my refund – North Carolina?

Looking for more information about your North Carolina refund? Find out details on how to check your refund status, who to contact, and more from H&R Block

Claiming a Married Child

Can you claim your child if they married and moved out of your home? Learn more about dependent tests and get tax answers at H&R Block.

Arkansas State Tax

Do you earn wages in Arkansas? Learn more about Arkansas state tax rates, with help from the tax pros at H&R Block.

Complete Taxes Quickly – How to File a Tax Return STAT!

Did the tax deadline surprise you? Learn how to file taxes quickly and accurately with the experts at H&R Block.